The Columbus Instruments Mouse Home Cage Running Wheel measures spontaneous activity in a voluntary free-spinning running wheel. The wheel is constructed to fit universally into most typical "shoebox" style cages (cage is not included with the system). Each wheel has a magnetic indicator and a hall effect sensor that connects to a computer interface and records wheel revolutions at user-specified intervals. Windows software is included for installation on a customer supplied PC. Data can be viewed in real time and exported into a CSV format at the end of the experiment.
The wheel is designed to fit universally into most home cages provided that the wire lid has a flat area measuring 2 inches (5.1 cm) x 4 inches (10.2 cm) and has a ceiling height of 5.5 inches (14 cm). The Wheel Counter Interface has inputs for 8 wheel sensors and multiple counters can be daisy chained together to provide a maximum of 128 wheel inputs.
Features / Specifications
- Polycarbonate Wheel and support
- Windows Software Included
- Maximum of 128 wheels connected to a single PC
- Fits inside most typical home cages
- Wheel diameter of 4 inches (10.16 cm)
- Interior diameter of 3.625 inches (9.2 cm)
- Wheel with of 2 inches (5.1 cm)
- Base Electronics Kit (1 per system)
0294-8010 - Running Wheel Software Interface Kit
- Electronics per 8 channel kit (1 per 8 channels)
0294-80111-8 Channel Running Wheel Electronics Kit
- Wheel Assemblies
0294-4019 - Home Cage Running Mag Wheel - Rack-Mount Assembly
0294-4020 - Home Cage Running Mag Wheel - Rack-Mount-Floating Assembly
0294-4022 - Gen 2-Wire Lid Mount - Running Wheel Assembly
Home Cage Running Wheel Examples
- 0297-8 8 Station Home Cage Running Wheel System with Software
- 0297-16 16 Station Home Cage Running Wheel System with Software
Papers coming soon, presently in peer review.
Contact us for ordering
Mouse Mag Wheel